parent by design: programme
Try the first 7 days of parent by design for FREE.
Sign up below and a better parent in just 7 days. (no credit card required)
parent by design
Think of a challenging experience you have had (or are having) with your child; if look closely, you'll see that the underlying cause will be one (or a combination) of the following:
- 1Your approach or your way of thinking is responsible, or maybe your skills aren't quite as sharp as you'd like.
- 2A lack of understanding- either you don't really understand your child and what they are going through and/or they are struggling with this themselves.
- 3Your child doesn't yet possess the skills or resources to deal with the situation.
Excluding medical issues there can be no other cause, so we created the parent by design programme to help you make dramatic improvements across all three of these areas.
The problem is with our approach; as parents we think like mechanics instead of gardeners.
We try to diagnose and solve our kid's problems, or we correct their behaviour and mistakes- often using some form of 'carrot and stick' (aka bribe and threat) approach.
The problems with this are:
- 1It doesn't work very well, kids often keep making the same mistakes.
- 2It's negative, which can knock your child's confidence and lead to an attritional relationship with your them.
- 3It also focuses on the wrong thing, if you want to improve your kid's behaviour, you need to address the underlying cause, not try and change their behaviour.
As Einstein famously said: "You can't solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that created it."
So, rather than thinking like a mechanic, try thinking like a gardener instead.
Gardening is a longer-term parenting approach, but ultimately, it is a much more rewarding one.
parent by design: the programme
Our programme will help you to transform your approach- from mechanic to gardener.
see for yourself
The full programme lasts 30 days, however, you can try the first 7 days of parent by design for FREE.
Join us below and a better parent in just 7 days. (no credit card required)
We'll also add you to our weekly newsletter* full of ideas, resources, activities & tools to help you parent by design.
*no spam and you can unsubscribe any time