Resilience: a Boot Camp for your kids
Module 6: How to FAIL... successfully.
see you again
In the last module you learned to take action, but what happens when the things you do don't go according to plan?
This is going to sound a bit crazy, but if you want to be successful at anything, you are going to have to learn to become good at FAILING!
today you are
going to learn
why failing is important
- 1Most people avoid failure, which means that they don't grow as much as they otherwise could- stay one step ahead of your competition.
- 2Failure is your truthful friend, it tells you where you are going wrong so you can make the changes you need to get it right.
- 3Failure helps you to become more emotionally developed- you have to learn to deal with difficult stuff.
everybody fails... sometimes
why do people let FAILURE stop them?
FAILURE did not stop these famous examples from acheiving their goals.
What did these people do that others don't?
- 1They used FAILURE as a TOOL, to learn, to improve and to try again.
- 2They managed to overcome their feelings of embarrassment, fear, doubt of 'not being good enough', to achieve the outcome they wanted.
So, if you want to get good at FAILING, you'd better learn how to do these 2 things.
1. failure as a TOOL
It's good to fail, as long as you do it PROPERLY.
The great news is... you already know how to FAIL properly: it's as easy as 123.
We did it before in Module 3: POSITIVITY.
Here's a reminder for you...
ONE POSITIVE THING THAT HAPPENED AS A RESULT OF THIS FAILURE:
You FEEL better when you look for a POSITIVE.
TWO THINGS I LEARNED THANKS TO THIS FAILURE:
This is how you make FAILURE a learning opportunity.
THREE THINGS I COULD DO DIFFERENTLY TO GET A BETTER RESULT:
Now it's creative solution time- you are empowered to try again.
2. overcome the feelings associated with failure
You already know how to use 123 so, this week, the activity and the 7 DAY CHALLENGE are one.
Nobody likes experiencing the feelings you get with failure, so what is the BEST thing to do when you are faced with something necessary but unpleasant?
A. Run away and hide.
What! Come on... we are counting on you to be a key member of our RESILIENCE team!
B. Tackle it straight away.
Yep. That's absolutely correctamundo friend! Let's do this shall we?
You have learned that FAILURE is an essential part of being successful- as long as you do it properly. Use it as a TOOL to learn from and you:
- 1Will begin to see the POSITIVE in your FAILURE.
- 2Will LEARN from your mistakes.
- 3Will creative new solutions so you can do things DIFFERENTLY for next time.
Aaaand you are now about to learn how to overcome those horrible feelings that come with failure.
Excellent work, that is module 6 in the bag!
The RESILIENCE is growing within you... you are getting STRONGER, we can almost feel it from here!
See you in in the next module!
Click to check out your progress...
Enter your name & print off your award.
7 day challenge
Your 7 DAY CHALLENGE this week will help you to overcome any FEAR of FAILURE that you might have. As a famous boxer once said:
Everybody has a plan, until they get punched on the nose.
We have created 9 FAILURE CHALLENGES for you: 9 opportunities for you to get a punch on the nose.
We want you to learn how to feel the FEAR and do it ANYWAY.
Once you have completed these... fear of FAILURE will not hold you back!