Secret Identity 3 Revealed
JK Rowling is now a very successful author, but that wasn't always the case.
When she was trying to publish her first book, she faced many difficult challenges and she had to show a tremendous amount of RESILIENCE.
SCROLL DOWN FOR YOUR FUN ACTIVITIES.
5 cool and resilient facts about Michael Jordan's life story
- 1“If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
- 2Cultural geography is an introduction to meteorology and his backup career in case basketball didn’t work out was to be as a weatherman.
- 3Before he began his senior year of high school, his father advised him to be a mechanic because those who worked with their hands always had a good job.
- 4Contrary to legend, Jordan wasn’t cut from his high school team. He actually tried out for the varsity basketball team as a 5’11” sophomore and wound up passed over in favor of his friend Leroy Smith who was 6’7″. (Laney was in dire need of tall players.) He was placed on the junior varsity team instead.
- 5The true part of the slighting legend is that Jordan used this perceived “slight” as motivation to work hard to improve and he also grew four inches before starting his junior year. His father was known to say that Michael was born competitive and the person he tried to best the most was himself.
activity sheet: activity 1
Ok, so now it's your turn: we have an activity sheet for you to complete that will help you to think about 'never giving up', and how you can use this in your life.
Please choose the online or print version below.
Once you have completed ACTIVITY 1 come back to this page and we'll get you ready for your next activity.
If you to choose the online version and you want to keep your work, please remember to press PRINT and then SAVE AS PDF once you have finished.
well done- as a little reward... here's some Harry Potter related jokes for you...
Q: Why doesn’t Voldemort have glasses?
A: Nobody nose.
Q: What did the Snitch say when Harry Potter asked if he cheated?
A: Don’t be quiddiculous.
Q: Why does Neville always use two bathroom stalls?
A: Because he has a Longbottom.
activity sheet: activity 2
The RESILIENCE message we get from JK Rowling and her story is to never give up.
Despite all of the difficulties she faced, she didn't give up on her dream to be a published writer.
Here's one of our favourite inspirational quotes about not giving up.
Quotes are a nice way to remind you of something important, click through the slideshow below to find a quote that you like.
Choose one, and then go to ACTIVITY 2 (a/b/c ) on your sheet.
activity sheet: activity 3
You will often hear people say 'never give up', and that is an important attitude to have in life but... you have to be SMART about it.
JK Rowling didn't just wake up one morning and decide to try and get a book published, instead:
So whilst none of these factors could have predicted her incredible success, she was SMART about not giving up.
She wasn't trying to be a professional footballer, she was working on something that matched her education, skills, practice and experience, and importantly- she received FEEDBACK on her work.
To help you think about how this works, please fill in ACTIVITY 3 on your worksheet.
lesson over: some fun Activities for you
That's it, well done!
If you like colouring in, then the 2nd page of the activity sheet is for you.
We've also got some cool RESILIENCE and HARRY POTTER related activities for you to enjoy below- have fun!
- memory game
- hangman puzzle
- word search
If you are finding this jigsaw a bit tricky, you can click on the picture or ghost icons (bottom left) for help.
We have chosen some words that describe (or are related to) RESILIENCE, see if you can guess them- before it's too late and the Hangman comes!